Maharani Gayatri Devi (MGD) Girls' Public School , Jaipur
Ratings & Reviews 1Write Rating
The school was founded on 12 August 1943. In the summer of 1940, the Maharaja of Jaipur Sawai Man Singhji Bahadur brought home Princess Ayesha Gayatri Devi, of Cooch Behar, as his bride. She was the daughter of the Maharaja and Maharani Indira Deviji, of Cooch Behar. Her concern for the education of the local court women lead her and Bahadur to found the school. Bahadur ordered the Prime Minister Sir Mirza Ismail, and the Education and Finance Minister, Rao Bahadur Amarnath Atal, to allot land and plan the school. It was started with 24 girls and Lilian G. Lutter as Principal on the lines of the British public school pattern.
MGD was the first girls' public school to be accepted as a member of the Public School Council of India' Conference (IPSC). In 1950, MGD became a center for the Cambridge Examination for Jaipur. In 1962 the school shifted to the Indian School Certificate Board.
The school follows the Central Board for Secondary Education CBSE curriculum. The founder principal of the school was Ms. L.G. Lutter. The principal of the school is Mrs. Archana S.Mankotia. The school completed 60 years of its existence in 2003 which was marked with a ceremony of the founder Rajmata Gayatri Devi of Jaipur.,Shiv Kumari of Kotah is vice president of the school.
Address: Sawai Ram Singh Rd, Panch Batti, Sangram Colony, Ashok Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
Principal: Archana S Mankotia
Phone: 091166 52634
Founder: Gayatri Devi
Founded: 12 August 1943
Motto: Our utmost for the highest
Affiliation: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Maharani Gayatri Devi (MGD) Girls' Public School , Jaipur Reviews
- 09 March 2020